What can Bill Landsiedel do for you?

We work to make sure that our clients receive the maximum benefits allowed by the law. These benefits include medical treatment for work-related injuries, disability payments, and cash settlements to compensate injured workers. If you receive a work-related injury, you will need someone on your side to act as your advocate throughout the compensation process. I have over 30 years of experience in Worker’s Compensation, and will strive to get you the benefits that you deserve.

What is an industrial injury?

Generally, workers’ compensation claims fall into one of two types of injuries: specific injuries or cumulative traumas. A specific injury occurs on one day due to a specific incident, whereas cumulative trauma injuries occur over period of time due to repetitive work.

Because cumulative trauma injuries often slowly develop over a long period of time, many injured workers do not realize they even have an industrial injury. Cumulative trauma injuries can range from carpel tunnel syndrome to back pain. If you have a job that consists of repetitive movements, the aches and pains that you are experiencing are likely related. As a result, it is your employer’s responsibility to cover your medical expenses for treatment.

Am I entitled to benefits while I am not working?

If your work-related injury keeps you from being able to work, you are entitled to Temporary Disability (“TD”) benefits. Your TD benefits are calculated to be approximately 2/3 of your total wages, including tips, commission, bonuses, and overtime.

There are maximum caps for the weekly amount of TD that you may collect. In addition, there are limits for the length of time that you may collect TD benefits. There are several factors to consider in these calculations, namely the date of your injury. Please contact The Law Office of William Landsiedel so that we may help ensure that you are receiving the maximum benefits you are entitled to under California Workers’ Compensation laws.

What happens when my doctor declares that I’ve reached maximum medical improvement?

When your doctor decides that you have recovered as much as you can from your industrial injury, he or she will declare you to be Permanent & Stationary (“P&S”) or that you have reached Maximum Medical Improvement (“MMI”). Your doctor will issue a report of his or her findings which outlines how much permanent disability that you have as a result of your injury, the parameters for your future medical care, and the reasoning for those conclusions.

At this point, any TD benefits that you have been paid will cease and you will be issued Permanent Disability (“PD”) benefits. Your doctor will determine if you are able to return to work, and if so, in what capacity.

Additional information about being declared permanent and stationary can be found here.

The insurance company for workers’ compensation is handling my case, why do I need an attorney?

Although you might be receiving medical treatment, it’s important to understand that the insurance adjuster is not on your side. Your case is merely one of hundreds they are handling at any given time. These are experienced negotiators who are there to settle your case as quickly and as cheaply as possible.

Insurance companies will have attorneys fighting for their side – you deserve the same. You need an attorney who will fight for you through every step of the process. The Law Office of William Landsiedel will ensure that you are receiving the maximum benefits allowed under California Workers’ Compensation law. We will also ensure that you receive the treatment that you need to fully recover from your injuries.

How to contact Bill Landsiedel.

Our office’s phone number and email address are listed at the top of this page. Typically, we try to setup face-to-face meetings as quickly as possible. I firmly believe that meeting with my clients in person allows me to better understand their situation and their needs.